There will be two poster sessions at ABRF 2019.
The poster area will be open for viewing on Sunday, March 24, from 10:00am – 4:30pm, Monday, March 25, from 10:00am – 5:00pm, and Tuesday, March 26, from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Abstracts accepted for presentation in poster session will be grouped by topic category and numbered by the Education Committee. Accepted abstracts will be published in the ABRF 2019 Core-Apps Meeting App.
Poster Mounting, Presentation, and Removal Schedule:
Authors must put up and take down their posters according to the schedule below. Authors must be present at their boards for the duration of their scheduled presentation time.
|Sunday, March 24|
|8:00am – 9:30am||All poster authors must mount their posters on the assigned poster board number|
|10:00am – 6:30pm||Posters available for general reviewing|
|5:30pm – 7:30pm||Poster Session I and Wine and Cheese Reception|
|*Authors of ODD numbered poster boards present|
|Monday, March 25|
|10:00am – 5:00pm||Posters available for general reviewing|
|2:30pm – 3:30pm||Poster Session II and Wine and Coffee Break|
|*Authors of EVEN numbered poster boards present|
|Tuesday, March 26|
|10:00am – 1:00pm||Posters available for general reviewing|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||All authors remove posters from boards|
Note: Poster material must be removed from the board by 1:00pm on Tuesday, March 26, 2019. The Exhibit Hall will be closed at 1:00pm on Tuesday.
Recording (photographing, audio taping or videotaping) any presentation/session is PROHIBITED, except by individuals authorized by ABRF or by first authors who want to photograph their own poster presentation.
Posters should be readable by viewers from distances of at least 91.44 centimeters (3 feet) away. The message should be clear and understandable. The poster-board surface area is 91 inches (231.14 cm) wide and 45 inches (114.30 cm) high. Plan your poster to fit this space.
The following guidelines have been prepared to help improve the effectiveness of poster communication:
- Prepare a heading at the top of your poster indicating the abstract title, authors, and affiliations.
- Summarize current research in graphic form whenever possible; use charts, tables, graphs, pictures, etc. and minimize the amount of text.
- Prepare your presentation on poster size paper and mount on the board.
- Posters should be self-explanatory but not comprehensive. You will supplement and elaborate during your conversations with others.
- Typeface should be large enough to be read comfortably by interested attendees from distances of 3-5 feet (1.5 m). Keep visual materials simple and clear.
- Display a copy of abstract.
- Push pins will be supplied.